Guest Post by Whole30 Certified Coach Jacob Heath Henriquez
My mom, Rhonda, did her first round of Whole30 five years ago when I asked for accountability partners online and no one replied. Not really knowing what she was getting herself into, working three jobs while putting my sisters through college, and being my biggest supporter, she completed her first Whole30 and lived to tell the tale.
She lives in a rural area where Walmart is the grocery store of choice and Whole Foods is an all-day road trip to get to. With no convenience products to help, she got crafty but she also got real. There were days when lunch was canned sardines and tomatoes because that was all she had time to pack and then there were days where she would make Whole30 magic in the kitchen.
The recipe I’m sharing today is my mom’s, adapted over the years, and updated today with a trendy twist. I hope Rhonda’s Pineapple Chicken brings you the same comfort and satisfaction it’s brought me over the past five years.
1.5 lbs ground chicken
1 16oz can diced pineapple, drained or 2 cup fresh diced pineapple
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp coconut aminos
1 medium head cauliflower, riced (frozen fine here)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Heat skillet over medium heat; add avocado oil once hot.
- Toss in onion and garlic and cook until softened
- Add in ground chicken and pineapple
- Cook until chicken starts to brown and is cooked through, about 9-10 minute; if there’s too much
liquid to brown, pour off and continue cooking until slightly browned
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside
- Add cauliflower rice to pan with coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Cook until cauli rice mixture is softened and taste for salt
- Serve chicken over cauli rice and drizzle with hot sauce; I like The New Primal’s Hot Buffalo Sauce
Want to try The New Primal’s Buffalo sauce – or any of their awesome Whole30 Approved products? Use code “whole30facebook” at www.thenewprimal.com to grab 25% off your order. Not an affiliate code – We’re just sharing the love of one of our favorite brands!
For more inspiration you can find Jacob on Instagram at jacoblheath.